Banks, driven by global competition, are continuously coming up with innovative products for their customers. New delivery channels such as the Internet, ATM, Mobile and IVR have revolutionized the way customers interface with banks. Flawless functioning of these delivery channels is of crucial importance to banks as increasing portions of their revenue are dependent on these.
There are several challenges in testing such as:
- Synchronization of test data across channels and back-end hosts in a test environment
- Simulation of external/third party interface files/messages for bill payments, fund transfers, mobile payments and more
- Identification of problems caused by the enmeshing of multiple applications / interfaces
- Validation of tests across multiple browsers
- Logistical complexity and high costs of testing multiple mobile models in different technology platforms and locations
- Security and encryption challenges
Thinksoft is a specialist in testing front-end delivery channels. Our testing experience spans major products like Flexcube® Internet banking, S1 Internet banking®, BankNet® and Smart Business®.
Our comprehensive test coverage experience includes account summary, transaction inquiry, fund transfers, direct debits, SEPA and ACH payments, standing orders, bill payments, utility payments, bulk transfers, scheduled transfers, service requests, mobile alerts, reminders and SMSes.
What makes Thinksoft unique?
- Test scenario designs based on the data flow from upstream channels to the downstream host/ interface applications which reduce synchronization differences across applications
- Readily available repository of issues focusing on multiple interface touch points, providing additional inputs for defect fixes
- Tools developed in-housefor file format creation which lead to a reduction simulation time for external / third party interface files and messages
- A pool of approximately 20% of in-house technical experts who help the test teams handle mobile clients and encryption issues
- Structured testing methodology to handle tests across multiple mobile models using mobile emulators
- In-house data generation tools to simulate high volume transactions from channels
- Proprietary performance test framework to measure the performance of channels while handling transaction volumes against established SLAs